RFG 2.86% 7.2¢ retail food group limited

Rfg future?

1. 293 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Rfg,

I might have it all wrong, Rfg appears to be making money still.
    I visited Bundaberg, Gympie and Redbank on a road trip (a few days ago) to Bargara all stores were doing a ripping trade, bar one MP store, so I bought a couple of coffee's and a cake felt I should help out. Nice product it was as well, great coffee, cake was tasty.

I see an expanding diversified business with growing international trade, relatively at the front end of verticle integration of news businesses De bella, Hudsons. Some businesses will prosper and some will sadly fail, however about 200 for sale out of about 2500 doesn't mean they are all failing, surely some people are retiring or just moving onto a new opportunity, a different business as this didn't suit them etc. Many people buyiny this type of business are looking for a life change from working for the boss, doesn't it stand to reason some may not like the change they buy into as well and are getting out as it hasn't worked out. Is that amount of churn too much by industry standards....?

No doubt this business has some issues, their communications is weak, they can't even pitch a positive with the UK expansion well, came out with a negative, timing.... maybe they need to under promise and over deliver for a while. They really need some help with media management it would appear. Maybe some of their locations for some of their businesses are not viable and should be discontinued if there is a history of failure in a particular area due to lack of sales, too much competition, poor location etc etc

I think longer term this has to be a reasonable investment, just imho. Or do people serious think this business or business type has had its day?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RFG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
7.2¢
Change
0.002(2.86%)
Mkt cap ! $176.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
7.0¢ 7.2¢ 6.9¢ $501.0K 7.075M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 180836 7.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
7.2¢ 223798 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
7.1¢
  Change
0.002 ( 2.90 %)
Open High Low Volume
6.9¢ 7.1¢ 6.9¢ 1091679
Last updated 15.58pm 03/05/2024 ?
RFG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.