RFG 2.86% 7.2¢ retail food group limited

Rfg future?, page-3

1. 4,651 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 374

Kazdam5, as you can see I’m a non holder and have never been an advocate for this business. No, i dont think this business type has had its day, but I do think that the opportunities are limited, the business moat not wide enough, and the guarantee of income and therefore profits, subject to the economy, personal tastes and trends. I tend to take a top down approach. If if our car breaks down, must we buy a new part to replace the old (if thats what the car needs) ? Theres the moat for BUrsons Auto Parts (BAP). If we are out and hungry, do we HAVE to buy a donut or a GJ coffee ? No, we can buy a burger, fish and chips, sandwich, subway or heaven forbid, a loaf of bread and go home and make a sandwich; which is far cheaper. In terms of trends, coffee is undoubtedly big at the moment, but so was Coke a few years ago. Now Cokes big earner is bottled Water. Nothing stays the same forever! I listened to the AGM broadcast by Karl Seigerling of Cadence Capital (CDM) yesterday, (a free 42 minute video available on the Cadence Capital website) when he spoke about people saying “i love this stock or “I hate this stock”. Love ? Hate ? As he says, Its only a stock or share....... money has an emotional component, stocks SHOULDNT ! One shouldnt have to do an in depth analysis of management or the entire demographic to have confidence in a share. If you do, its too hard. Move on......there are plenty more shares and you just might miss out on something good by being bogged down in the current situation (which apart from your ability to sell, is outside your ability to influence anyway!). So, no, I dont think its had its day, its just that I see that the opportunity for growth is reasonably limited, and for me, in the too hard basket !

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RFG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
7.2¢
Change
0.002(2.86%)
Mkt cap ! $176.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
7.0¢ 7.2¢ 6.9¢ $501.0K 7.075M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 180836 7.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
7.2¢ 223798 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
7.1¢
  Change
0.002 ( 2.90 %)
Open High Low Volume
6.9¢ 7.1¢ 6.9¢ 1091679
Last updated 15.58pm 03/05/2024 ?
RFG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.