HMD 0.00% 2.3¢ heramed limited

The work being done in the Shining Star field hospital is...

1. 2,226 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 910
    The work being done in the Shining Star field hospital is exactly the right course of action, I can't see how it is an impediment to anything commercial at all. The idea that it therefore creates a "charity" situation for HMD is a bit of an extension of truth and hopefully just a bit of disgruntled talk given the share price. There was once a bloke named Hippocrates who thought that "War was the only proper school for the surgeon", he ended ups having quite a few views on medicine however I don't think he's a current shareholder?

Sheba is first and foremost a hospital so why wouldn't they try to assist a war-torn country? They have quite a history of this so its not an unexpected event. Sheba Beyond is not targeting Knightsbridge in London nor Rose Bay in Sydney etc they are aiming to assist third world and developing nations with fragmented, rudimentary or non existent health care in order to make peoples lives better, so the Shining Star hospital is EXACTLY in keeping with their objectives. Should Sheba go full commercial with HeraCARE in the Beyond side then we will most certainly see the rise of HeraBEAT usage in really dodgy places like Rwanda etc, is that going to be an issue as well? The key point that is behind the US bill that will have a material affect on HMD is the increase in accessibility for minorities to healthcare in poorer parts of the USA. It cannot be escaped that HMD will be involved in plenty of "charity" situations moving forward. Medicines sans Frontiers is an actual charity and is also exactly who I can imagine would be using HeraCARE in the future, that is no issue to me whatsoever. Or is the concern that we have not made revenue from Sheba?

For anyone unsure of the commercial upside that the Shining Star presents, get a bit of a look at Pulse N More. It's another Israeli business and one involved in remote monitoring. They have a hand held remote ultrasound, its super cool... it is also currently feeding back to Tel-Aviv via HeraCARE... that is massive. It absolutely demonstrates that the PLATFORM has legs and can be rolled out with absolutely anything feeding back into it. Imagine the upside there at a minimum if HeraCARE is introduced to the hospitals that currently are working with Pulse? Israeli business is much more about collaboration than Aussie business mindsets. For Sheba to grab 3 or 4 remote patient models and get them to work together for best result is an entirely consistent methodology of Israel. The upside is that all of a sudden HMD is getting real time use of what would normally present as a competitors tech to advance both parties. It is a different way to approach problems but have a look at how well Israel responds to crises and how well they manage to improve themselves.

Sheba is USING HeraCARE in Tel-Aviv AND Lviv, coincidence that both sites have viv?? Dunno? I like Viv Richards so hopefully he can channel some master blaster into our share price at some point... The platform and device is now in use in 2 American sites, 1 Israeli site, 1 Australian site, 1 Ukraine site, Multiple Brazilian sites and is awaiting various other material events. that's not such a bad start to roll out, its not 10,000 devices a month roll out but it is a start and Health moves SLOWLY.... Yes there is a high chance that Philips is signing up commercial terms that disallow the use of other monitoring devices either explicitly or surreptitiously, they are a great example of a very strong business so it makes sense that they would be protecting their turf. Equally there is every likelihood that the pilots are in places that have the avenue to implement commercial terms so there still exists the possibility of expansion.

Totally different scale of events but imagine if CSL had decided not to get involved in charity... if Coca-Cola had decided not to be involved in wartime rations.... there are countless examples of massive commercial upside to come out of being helpful in wartime. On Thursday I sat down with a person who is a serving officer in one of Australia's armed forces and they are actively seeking out technology partnerships to improve mainly the cyber side of the Defence Force but also the logistics side. The ADF is well aware that their tech needs are going to be met by private groups who also have a civilian aim to the use of the tech, that isn't an issue that a defence contract will ultimately make a civilian business stronger. It's a different level of things however the use of HMD in a war zone by a charity hospital will not be seen as a negative, it will firmly demonstrate HeraCARE's capability and that can only be a good thing. I'm not suggesting that the Army will buy HeraBEATS over Stingers etc but war is a true proving ground for resilience and if HeraCARE/BEAT works under the pressure of war then civilian use is a walk in the park... people like to buy "military grade" items for the robustness and durability... HMD at military grade and able to be deployed rapidly into a hot zone is a pretty good marketing trick to have up your sleeve...

There are also going to be countless people whose lives are going to improve due to HMD's involvement in "charity" and that goes along way with plenty of people. There is a large shift to ESG investing and HMD is clearly ticking that box pretty well. ye sit has been a long road however it isn't finished yet and HMD don't appear to be giving up. I'm invested in HMD to make money but if they help people along the way why would I or anyone else try to impede that??

Providing that HMD can piece together the revenue side of the equation then things aren't so bad. If they can't... well then its all been fun typing away on these threads.. lol
    My money is on something quite beneficial emerging from all the possible outcomes that are STILL in play. I'm very disappointed that the C-Notes haven't worked out they way that they were sold to the market however had Mednax not had that Bill in motion in Congress then maybe the deal would have been structurally more material and the C-Notes would have looked like a really cheap bit of a capital raise. Should there be the need for another raise I'm not sure how it would be done, certainly there would need to be some pretty strong legal proof of contractual outcomes coupled to a real value of revenue...

all in all... things have gone a couple of different directions and moved slower than desired with revenue not meeting expectations... almost like being in business... kind of like starting a business and trying to grow it... business is hard and I hate day to day stuff hence I work in the investment side of things and not IN a business... business sucks and is unfulfilling until it clicks over one day and profit rolls in or the business folds.. I've been on both sides of that outcome. If it all folds and goes bust then it won't have been from the Ukraine assistance. If it does all fold and goes bust and some people living in absolute fear and terror get a glimmer of hope and a brief moment of joy from hearing their unborn child's heartbeat then that is a wonderful thing to have achieved. The Ukraine will not break this company however it may just provide a stepping stone to something better both commercially and altruistically.

Dunno guys... it's going to be tough week or so with Wall Street getting pummelled so maybe we will see sub 10c or maybe the US will pass that bill that allows Mednax to go full tilt with HMD and we end up going green on a sea of red... no idea but at least I've got some good wine!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HMD (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.3¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $14.56M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.3¢ 2.4¢ 2.3¢ $5.934K 249.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 1792299 2.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.7¢ 289978 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
HMD (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.