IMM 1.49% 34.0¢ immutep limited

richard hemming, page-24

1. 46,202 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    Astute observations in your post Westhx about trader patterns. Doesnt take a genius to work out that the sp has weakened. No guru status when saying the obvious lol.

Of course if a poster wants the market to listen to him rather than the "hope brigade" what in fact one is doing is trying to make his own utterances self fulfilling. If everyone including the "hope brigade" dumped their shares the fallout would be huge.

Of course some here are quite astute traders. They zealously follow the charts, ever looking for opportunity and thats what trading is all about and I have done it with hundreds of trades and dozens of stocks. Some traders once seeing an opportunity and buys will then post positives about the stock and ramp it to get the best sell price possible.However, once out of the stock some of these hard nosed traders then post doom and gloom at every opportunity awaiting the next opportunity for a trade. This pattern is repetitive and ongoing. At least their modus operandi is readily obvious and as a consequence I know that both their up and down ramps are based on their short term trading strategy and their info needs to be viwed in that context only.

To these traders they can post that a stock has astronomical potential in one breath( when they hold ) then after selling highlight negatives.

Sure sp's can go up or down based on hype,manipulation, announcements, market pressures, sentiment,however, my eyebrows get raised when a holder ramps up and then does the backflip once they are out. If they actually lost money on their trade its easier to understand expressed negative sentiment, however, if they actually made money on the trade to then talk the stock down after selling its pretty opportunistic and uncalled for imo.

I dont mind if they provide detail/charts on trends etc(thats a good thing) but when the lingo after selling the stock extends to basically ridiculing those that hold their shares its a bit below the belt. If longer term holders kept bailing out we would probably be in a sustained long term downtrend.

The sell volume was quite high today and I wonder how much was due to the impact of the Hemmings article?We certainly need something to counter this current negativity. My thanks to posters who referred the issue to Martin Rogers. I was contemplating same but others such as Agent have adequately done so.

cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IMM (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.