Certainly we here are seemingly not the least bit discouraged by...

1. 631 Posts.
    Certainly we here are seemingly not the least bit discouraged by the rampant price fixing in our regular day to day dealings in one of the most heavily manipulated markets in the country... the ASX.

I am yet to see any institution in our financial system put its hand up in any admission of any wrong doing. I suppose they too will wait until their fingers are caught in the cookie jar... but I wonder, when they are caught, will it be the organisation or its members held to account?

I often wonder where the line between healthy business practice and manipulation is drawn. I suspect such a line is both more grey and more common than one might guess, and there would certainly appear to be frequent questions raised in many industries from energy to packaging to groceries to equities.

I am yet to see Russell Jones threatened with any further action arising from cartel activities - and neither he nor the chair of Amcor have had concerted attempts at dragging their personal reputations through the gutter.

It takes more than one party to form a cartel - and it was so successful and profitable for Amcor that they managed to chalk up their most unprofitable years during its tenure.... I wonder what you call a one sided cartel?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.