Juz,this is the best i can do,a reader asked Russell if he had...

1. 217 Posts.
    Juz,this is the best i can do,a reader asked Russell if he had 1million to invest what would he do,this is Russell's answer:

'I've been thinking about this very question over the last week or so. Here's how my thinking runs. Manipulation and intervention is everywhere. Governments and central banks are doing everything possible to boost their respective economies. As a result, volatility is high in almost every area, and by volatility I mean MOVEMENT. But at the same time, all movement seem tentative. Rallies turn into declines; declines turn into rallies. I'm not sure how much I trust any movement today.

So my answer to the question above is that I'd buy gold. Gold can be manipulated on a temporary basis, but gold has one property that no other item has. Gold represents pure intrinsic value. Gold can't be bankrupted, and gold can't be destroyed by government or corporate stupidity. Gold is the center around which all currencies are ultimately priced. Gold will be money when most of today's corporations are history and all of today's paper currencies are museum pieces.

When confusion reigns, gold is the island of safety -- pure wealth. Which is why my answer to the above question is -- When in doubt, when nothing makes sense, when every nation is trying to "save itself," the item of choice is the metal we call gold.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.