GDN 0.00% 1.7¢ golden state resources limited

rick knows

1. 4,289 Posts.
    Personally I think Rick would have some idea of whether or not the RPS update is going to be positive or negative. I mean, he did work for RPS at one stage. Now it seems to me they have the companies future riding on what's in the ground. Somehow I think they have a fair idea of what's down there. DYOR. From company website

"Rick graduated from Curtin University (WAIT at the time) in 1984 then did an Honours year equivalent (Graduate Diploma) in 1985.

He started in the oil patch working on Harriet Field for the Harriet Joint Venture. The first taste of success came soon when the very first exploration well I was involved in, Rosette -1 was a discovery. He went on to re-evaluate Harriet field and that resulted in an increase in reserves from around 10 million to 54million barrels.

Rick then joined Core Laboratories and spent the next four years working throughout SE Asia.

He joined Maurice Brand at Energy Equity Corporation, the company achieved the first independent gas-power station in Australia and Rick was instrumental in the purchase of the Senkang gas field from which we developed the much larger Sulawesi gas power Project. Rick also enjoyed success in the purchase of the Harimau oilfield in South Sumatra. They were required to drill further exploration wells in the block and re-evaluated high graded the Singa Prospect. That resulted in a multi TCF gas discovery, actually much larger than they ever expected.

Rick left EEC to join Mobil in Perth, working as staff geologist on WA 268P. His job was to evaluate the existing Jansz prospect and to conduct further studies that would reduce the high perceived reservoir risk and get the prospect drilled. Unfortunately did not survive the Exxon-Mobil merger. Janzs was drilled after he left and was a monstrous discovery.

Post Mobil Rick consulted for various clients including long term contracts at BHP, Alberta Energy and Encana.

Rick was negotiating to join AED Oil in 2006 but ended up joining RPS Energy as geology manager in 2006 and worked on numerous listing reports including competent persons reports for AIM listings notably Mediterranean Oil and Gas. AED Oil continued to use his services through RPS and in 2007 I joined AED as Chief Geologist. Rick left AED in 2008 to join Golden State straight after the sale of 60% of the Puffin Field to Sinopec."

Looking forward to good news hopefully soon
    B Rubes

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GDN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.