STU 0.00% 94.0¢ stuart petroleum limited

I just bought into STU this morning but have been a long time...

1. 1,453 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 534
    I just bought into STU this morning but have been a long time holder of VPE -> SXY so obviously I am in favour of the merger.

If you are a medium to long term holder, the future is bright if you believe the merger will happen and the merged company will do as good or a better job of growing the company than STU

The merged company will an advantage over the current STU of:
    1. more drilling activity - SXY are currently drilling in Queensland with STO and starting their own operated multi-well campaign in SA shortly.
    2. new reserves to produce and appraise - 13.2 mmbbls of 3P on Growler/Snatcher announced by SXY - and look alike features nearby
    3. established and developing CBM resources under an experienced Brisbane management team.
    4. a virtual doubling of exploration acreage with little overlap in the current companies.

STU of course has reserves, gas/oil shale possibilities and more to add into the pot.

The danger to me as a new STU shareholder is that the merger does not take place and the market sends the value back to ~.6

But the Cooper/Eromanga is slowly returning to normal with STO, BPT and now SXY starting drilling campaigns. If SXY continue with its run of good oil/CBM results of the past few years, current STU holders will look back fondly on the merger and beyond.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add STU (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.