FAR 0.00% 51.0¢ far limited

Hi all Far-ties!! Im new to HC (first time poster) and just...

1. 31 Posts.
    Hi all Far-ties!!

Im new to HC (first time poster) and just simply have to say CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU ALL!!!!!!

Me in brief:
    I have been trading since 2007.....and in and out of FAR since then.

Yes, I'm one of those technical traders as I don't view the stock market as Bank. (Sorry if that offends the LTH's who haven't sold one stock holding - even when in serious profit, I take my hat off too you - I'm just not that disciplined)…but I guess you could class me as a LTH considering how long Ive been trading the stock.

FAR was one if my very first independent buys outside of my 'Broker' at the time (ABS Amro Morgans back then).

He said I was nuts to buy such a 'crap stock' - I begged to differ. Hes a fundy, I'm a techy - we were and still are great competitive friends but we simply viewed the market very differently.

After a few months of my 'crap stock' choices returning more than he was across my portfolio, and he paying out on "me and my crap stocks'...FAR being one them.... I challenged him to a 'stock off'.

Rules being:

1 - For 6mths he got to play with half my portfolio and I would play with the equivalent amount independently.

2 - Neither party would tell what they are buying/selling/holding - all on the up and up.

3 - We both must sell on a set day regardless of where holdings were and may the best man win (although I'm a girl )

4 - We would meet in 6mths time, exchange balance sheets and see who did better.

5 - If he beat my returns, I'd quit and he could manage my entire portfolio BUT if i beat him he lost the lot.

Outcome:
    We met 6mths later in ABS Brisbane HO, and exchanged portfolio's......

I won by 38% ...and he's no longer my broker (since July 2008)

When the GFC hit I still traded (average a 30% return in a dam tough market for 3 years with a 100% strike rate but for bad trade in 2010 that cost me a whole $123 dollars - made it back the next morning so all good.

On Jan 31 2011 I sold out of the market completely. FAR was the last stock I sold (at a 200+ gain).

I didn't touch the market for the last 2 years because I felt it was going sideways and didn't have enough volatility for me - so turned to property instead in the meantime.

I re-entered the market last month (Sept 9th). The first stock I bought was FAR as I have always loved it and couldn't believe it was at 3.8c!!!....but furthermore it had actually ended up drilling Senegal (OMG!!! They got the JV)....and they were about to finish the drill !!! (Talk about timing!)

I re-opened my old account (didn't catch it at 3.8 - dam it - bought at 5.5 after all was said and done).

I have been guilty of trading in and out on the run up and taken my profits along the way - albeit small ones but profits just the same. My last buy was .085c last week.

With plenty of experience in penny hopeful drills in the O&G sector, I know to never EVER wait for the crack of drill (the day they announce their findings)...always trade the run up...but get out before D Day.

BUT...this time...this was different.....I held.....and I for one am BL****DY GLAD I DID!!!

I have already called my old broker and asked 'you know that crap stock you hate and I love...well guess what...read the AFR tomorrow".

HOWEVER.....I don't think I would've held though if it wasn't for the incredible posts by other "techys" and "fundys" that are more intelligent, educated and articulate than I.

I must say a thank you to JP, Aqua, Wasa, Graham, Ya, BI, Plugger etc etc. None of you now who I am, or that I have been quietly absorbing your brilliance...but gentleman, I thank you for your common sense and assurance when my trigger 'take profit' fingers where itching. I admire your resolve.

Also Rags to Riches - I read on another post how much your in and sir, in my humble opinion, check your balance at around 10:45am tomorrow morning - it will put a smile on your face.

JP - was disappointed when I read you had sold at 6.3ish cents.....but happy to hear you stepped back in (And yes, I too was in PCL - until Monday afternoon, bought last Wednesday - cant keep my trigger profit fingers down for too long )

Fonty (you obviously read this forum) - one business owner to another - surprised you showed your hand, but welcome aboard and well done. You no doubt are a very happy man this evening. But I will add, lets not attempt to place a lid on the stock with your substantial holdings....we all deserve the run

FAR Management (we know you read this forum also) - What an excellent result. Well done for driving this drill forward even when things weren't looking like they were ever going to get off the ground.
    You came. You drilled. You conquered.

To all FAR posters - the community and support offered to STH and LTH and newbies alike has been heartwarming and at times needed, as well as hilarious (some posts are extremely funny, especially when down rampers post their gibberish)

Thank you all for the laughs, research, knowledge sharing and support, its been an honor to get to cyber-know you all and my best advice........

Now with all that said, and a promise my future posts will be MUCH shorter......My last word is -

Let's ride this baby like its on rails !!!!

Bling Girl

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FAR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
51.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $47.12M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 92577 50.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
51.0¢ 101000 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.16pm 02/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FAR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.