LYC 2.36% $6.06 lynas rare earths limited

“We are alarmed by the sheer volumes of waste generated so far....

1. 26,986 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4618
    “We are alarmed by the sheer volumes of waste generated so far. Apparently, over 450,000 tonnes of the most toxic of Lynas’ wastes have been left near the LAMP. If this is the case, then there will be over 880 tonnes of thorium in the mix,” the group claimed in a statement today, without stating how it arrived at the figures....
    ...We cannot tolerate a known carcinogen — cancer-causing substance — to be piled up high so close to populated area, fishing ground and agriculture area...
    ...SMSL also shared its concerns that thorium, which it alleged was being stored in the open, would be spread far by wind and rain, especially during the country’s annual north-eastern monsoon.

Is this the same annual monsoon seen in the region during Lynas 6 years of safe, incident free operation during which they have been piling up this perfectly ordinary waste without a single report of illness of any kind amongst the population, let alone cancer? Or some unique meteorological anomaly that singles out standard waste deposits infusing them with deadly material through a little understood chemical reaction?

ENUF is ENUF!!

Surely at some point, Lynas must take legal action to close this kind of fear mongering claptrap down?

Who here is in touch with people at Lynas who can examine these particular statements for potential litigation? Happy to drop Mr Arnold an email myself, but I’m sure there are others with influence here who might want to make such an enquiry?
    I trust Lynas aren’t of the view this just isn’t the right time, due to the review process. If so, that would be giving free reign to anyone hellbent on defamation. They do need to protect shareholders.
    Last edited by CEOChair: 01/11/18

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.06
Change
0.140(2.36%)
Mkt cap ! $5.664B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.02 $6.12 $5.97 $11.52M 1.904M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 12791 $6.04

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.07 13019 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.