''The surcharge you pay when using a card is levied by the...

1. 86,860 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    ''The surcharge you pay when using a card is levied by the vendor not the bank.''

there's just plain bad business practice in Australia --------- there's also bad business practice in France as well - everywhere you go there will be a portion of people in business who have nfi

Aussie business should NEVER levy surcharges on card purchases - why? because people see it and say - that sucks

so a good business practice is to build it into the price - where it's invisible.

It's interesting that there's more cash transactions in France by a mile - yet, they don't have surcharges - I can't recall having a single one - there is the very odd time for a small purchase where a small business has a minimum - and there's a rare business that takes cash only - I usually only visit there once. That's that.

But, there are some idiot business people here as well ------ my partner and I went into a bakery back a month or so - out in the boonies -

we got a baguette and a couple of sweet things - the sweet things came in a lovely box (box is free)

the baguette was bare. Since we were travelling - after we paid - my partner asked for a paper to wrap the baguette in - they wanted 5 cents for the paper wrap

pffffffffffffffffffft - that's the first and last trip into that business - what an absolutely dumb idea to do that to your customers.

Should have gone into the 'how to piss your customers off 101 book'

As to Aussie banks - well, one doesn't really know how bad they are until one travels IMO.

Anyone want to know how good Aussie banks are -------- try Ceba - and lotsa luck with it
    Last edited by pintohoo: 30/08/24

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.