ridiculous excuse of not lending

1. 12,414 Posts.
    I have recently applied for funding to purchase a property...it seems that they have come up with one excuse after another in the attempt to prevent lending to us, with each excuse I have managed to shut it down...

This final one has now really ticked me off..they have valued the property and read the building and pest reports which were ordered by me leading up to putting the contract on the property.

They have come back and advised the following:

'This valuation is current as at the date of valuation only. The value assessed herein may change significantly and unexpectedly over a relatively short period (including as a result of general market movements or factors specific to the particular property).

they then say

Rectification of work be completed immediately before unconditional approval will be issued

they then said

everything listed in the building report to fix the roof

There has not been a list of rectifications required, and this general statement seems fairly pathetic IMHO.

The place is a renovator and the roof does require replacement at sometime. The price of the property factored in the condition of the roof, and this is something that obviously we would conducted post settlement.

In addition the property is tenanted (for the last 7 years ..same tenants), so its clearly 100% livable and has been the entire time. I'm sure they would have complained if it was not and the required repairs would have been conducted.

Has anyone ever come across an excuse like this from a lender. Yes I understand that they are doing anything they can to prevent lending at the moment, but its becoming a joke. They have dragged out this unconditional period right to the end AGAIN (I have already asked for one extension), and now we have another unconditional time frame fast approaching.

Im pissed off with St George to say the least. Their valuer needs a kick in the behind for even suggesting the roof damage could hinder the value of the property to the point where they would not cover their lend if something did go pair shaped.

Enough rambling, but what options are their? Obviously they wont change their lending policy, however I feel it is some idiot who processes these day in day out who obviously had a sh!t night sleep and refuses to budge on their original views. Its funny, I could have got Bob who sits next to him or her and got approval..

Comments appreciated
    Regards
    Kevi

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.