the majority of fhb's left the market by the 30.9.2009 when the...

1. 17,117 Posts.
    the majority of fhb's left the market by the 30.9.2009 when the extra boost was reduced to half.....the rest ended dec 09 when the boost was reduced to nil and the fhb grant went back to normal

there has been large numbers of foreign buyers in all the markets...low to top end....and boosting prices over and above what some would suggest as the estimated prices....

then there have been the upgraders, taking advantage of the lower interest rates...and probable higher selling prices for their old houses, which they then applied to buying their next home...

still trying to get around all your questions here...

doubt that fhb were squeezed out of the bottom end of the market.....still plenty of low priced houses out there....

not sure about the lower prices...pretty certain all states median prices grew in the last year...think Vic and NT by over 15% and the other state by 12%

whilst there are a small % of home owners with one additional investment property, people like myself with several properties is even lower.

I do know of a couple of people like myself with several properties, and all of us are in it for the long term, so we dont worry about a monthly or yearly fluctuations, we do know and expect that they will grow in value over time..
    and it costs hardly anything to hold them...

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.