SMN 1.33% 38.0¢ structural monitoring systems plc

Possible but unlikely. I believe that you will find that the FAA...

1. 1,241 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 321
    Possible but unlikely. I believe that you will find that the FAA are ultra, ultra, ultra conservative.
    Can you imagine the outcry and the litigation if they approved something and the wings started
    falling of multiple aircraft. Under these circumstances one might expect that if it is approved by
    the FAA it would be accepted immediately by most if not all aircraft operators.

Now if we accept that putting these gadgets on aircraft would save operators untold millions
    of dollars, as has been often touted on HC, you would expect the operators to be lining up to sign
    on the dotted line - the big operators even lending SMN lawyers to assist in getting the contract right.

Eighteen months after FAA approval for 737's, if that is what the 21/12/15 says, still nothing has
    happened suggests to me that operators are not going to save as much as many of us thought they
    woukl. Why not? Is SMN asking for too much? I hope it not something as stupid as FAA approval is just for additional piece of mind and won't replace the visual inspections

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SMN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
38.0¢
Change
0.005(1.33%)
Mkt cap ! $51.98M
Open High Low Value Volume
38.8¢ 39.5¢ 37.5¢ $27.97K 73.87K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 321 37.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
38.0¢ 39338 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 27/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SMN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.