FAR 4.00% 52.0¢ far limited

rig secured for offshore kenya block l9, page-7

1. 1,369 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 59
    I've just posted this on the PCL forum.

It's regarding PCL's offshore Kenya blocks L10A & L10B operated by BG Group, but it is relevant to FAR, considering that FAR is in neighbouring blocks L6 and also block L9 (partnering Ophir).

BG Group have had their Strategy Presentation webcast, finished 30 minutes ago.

I have transcribed the remarks relevant to the PCL/BG Kenya blocks....

BG Group Strategy Presentation 14 May 2013

We entered Kenya in 2011 where a multi-well campaign will start in 2014.

----

Question: Can you talk about your views on Tanzania and generally the East African exploration scene as a whole and whether you want to gain further exposure to East Africa.

Reply: The question was really how do we think about East Africa, do we like it, I think the answer to that is yes we do a lot. We moved into Tanzania in 2010 and in that time we've shot three 3d's, we've drilled nine wells all of which have been successful, we are on our tenth well now.

We've just re-hired the deep-sea metro, which you see behind us, for another year and a half or something like that, and then Ophir take it for some of their own prospects.

So actually we are quite busy continuing to explore, so we will finish up the year in Tanzania then we will move on to Kenya where we will drill a couple of wells at the beginning of 2014 and if we saw other opportunities which are of interest we would be interested in them.

So I think East Afica has got a lot of potential and we are still at quite the early stages of exploration of it.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FAR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
52.0¢
Change
0.020(4.00%)
Mkt cap ! $48.05M
Open High Low Value Volume
50.0¢ 52.0¢ 50.0¢ $54.62K 106.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 35000 51.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
52.0¢ 14868 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.34pm 03/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FAR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.