ringing emergency 000

1. 34,321 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    I had the displeasure of aiding someone who had fallen in the street and was badly injured - she was a frail elderly lady.

I arrived sooon after but there were already severakl people there. I asked if any knew first aid. one said yes so I assisted.

I asked how long the ambo had been called. about 20 minutes she said.

I waited for another 5 - 10 minutes and still no ambo even tho a hospital is only 10 minutes down the road - literally.

I got pissed off with the waiting as she couldn't be moved to a safer spot, she was in immense pain and was in the middle of the road.

what irked me was the interminable wait and the slack attitude of the 000 people. I rang after about 30 mins had transpired after the initial fall and had to go thro a series of questions before I got a tad irate and said this lady needs help now. anyway the Canberra lady said ok ill transfer you to fremantle.

my beef about this whole episode is -

why the hell did some moron in Canberra decide to centralise the 000 service when it was working perfectly fine when in state hands.

why the hell couldn't this lady from Canberra transfer me sooner so I could speak to someone who knew the area?

why did the state government cave in to such a ridiculous idea?

I am so sick of these politicians who change things just so they can because they can without any interference or backlash from the public so they can centralise all power in a backwoods hick part of nsw.

and then they say "please don't swear" when if they had their act together in the first place people wouldn't get frustrated trying to speak to some idiot on the phone who is on the other side of the planet
    Last edited by bruceyg: 23/11/18

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.