AQC 0.00% 12.5¢ australian pacific coal limited

Something I found today in the paper regarding RIO completing...

1. 25 Posts.
    Something I found today in the paper regarding RIO completing the sale of its 50.1 per cent stake in central QLD mine Clermont mines joint venture to GS coal for US $1.015 billion (1.09 billion AUS)
    GS Coal is a company jointly owned by Glencore and Sumitomo Corporation. Under the terms of the sale Glencore has taken over management of Clermont Mine ,which produces thermal coal. According to a statement from Rio Tinto, the sale delivers good value for shareholders and demonstrates the groups focus on strengthening its balance sheet and taking a disciplined approach to allocating capital.
    Rio Tinto remains committed to a long term future in the Australian coal industry where its mines provide work for more than 5000 people in Queensland and N.S.W the statement said.
    A $2 Billion extension of the kestrel Mine was completed last year and studies are currently underway into options to extend the life of HAIL CREEK MINE in Central Queensland subject to any further investment decisions.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AQC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.