RHK 0.00% 78.0¢ red hawk mining limited

Having a Pilbara Rail Corp sounds like a great idea; but there...

1. 585 Posts.
    Having a Pilbara Rail Corp sounds like a great idea; but there are many issues to overcome before something like that could happen.

The Assets currently belong to 3 players who currently utilise 100%+ of the current installed capacity. Simply opening this up to new players would be to the detriment of existing asset owners (and shareholders); you can't just legislate to do do that.

Best outcome is for the government to pursuade / provide incentives for existing players to sell existing and new rail & port capacity at competitive market rates to new players; and/or encourage them to buy the ore at the load points and blend with existing FMG . RIo BHPB products.

Yes the infrastructure is of national significance; but is also privately owned - that is a fact and reality. The Fed and state govts have reaped royalties from these players for years, and yes there's an arguement for higher royalties (read super tax) ; but the govt can't just hold their hand out without giving back. Look at the towns in the NW and see where the $ comes from which is spent - from my experience not a great deal comes from state and fed govts.

Just my opinion after 13 years in the Pilbara IO game. . . DYOR

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RHK (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.