I just looked at this thread and didn't find any comment on the...

1. 126 Posts.
    I just looked at this thread and didn't find any comment on the first hurdle to the RSPT. Mineral resources in Australia do NOT belong to "all Australians". They belong to the States, not the Commonwealth. If you live in a mineral rich State, you may complain that you are not receiving your fair share. If you live in another place, you should check the rules of the Federation.

It was all very well for the Federal Government to institute a PRRT back in the 1980's, but it only operated in Federal waters where the States lost their rights. This RSPT aims to claim a "rent" from the mining of minerals THAT ARE NOT OWNED by the Federal Government. That is like taking rent from the occupants of a house THAT YOU DO NOT OWN!

It is well that the miners complain that the Federal Government did not consult with them before the RSPT announcement. It seems to me that the States should be screaming louder than the miners. Only Western Australia is doing any of that. Could it be because the other States have Labor Premiers?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.