RIO 0.91% $109.74 rio tinto limited

rio time to go short ? rembrandt ?, page-47

1. 1,565 Posts.
    re: rio puts ... rio2d update You are a true artist, Rembrandt!

BHP & RIO have been the subject of discussion, so a few of us would have been watching them closely. amory's last comment if I remember rightly, was that they are both on the edge of a short-sell signal.

that signal has been well & truly breached today. both show up clearly on my exit-exploration. ever cautious amory has got set on both of them, but in a modest sort of way. if the overnite Dow shows any weakness at all, there is nothing to keep them from falling further.

likewise, amory's confidence-index has taken a sharp dip to almost zero, not into negative but low enough to cause alarm.

which brings me to an unrelated observation: given that the banks seem to be about the only leaders to have gone up, while the abovenamed plus NCP CSL WPL NCM QBE BIL and probably one or two others have taken a hammering, how the hell does the XAO pretend to have sufficient strength to stay over 3300??

that sure beats me.

what would be a nice combo? gold up, USD down, Dow down. is that too much to ask? I'd like to see the XAO continue its little wardance in that environment. it is far & away the most deceitful indicator around. always has been, by the way.

~/. .\~

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RIO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$109.74
Change
-1.010(0.91%)
Mkt cap ! $40.73B
Open High Low Value Volume
$110.96 $112.25 $108.88 $110.5M 1.003M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 763 $109.73

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$109.78 3628 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 18/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RIO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.