EQN 3.39% 28.5¢ equinox resources limited.

rio to takeover eqn?, page-6

1. 9,507 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 660
    Hi dee,

I have this funny feeling that the take-over rumours of Equinox is going to eventuate this time around, and will make sure that I am set and ready for it.

There is not much left in the TIER 1 Copper mines to be taken out so Equinox is certainly being watched.

Rio needs copper and is talking the copper deficit and high prices scenario up and say that copper will stay high and in deficit for some years to come.

Why are they all over copper right now, when iron ore is really where they make all their money from right now??

It looks like they are priming their shareholders for a large take-over, and yes you guess it a Tier 1 copper miner.

And my guess it that it would be more then possible that it will be Equinox.

I really hope that the shareprice will rise now and go towards the valuations of the various brokers say somewhere around the $8 mark.

If we can get the shareprice to this stage before a take-over eventuate then we hopefully would get the $10 in our pocket with a take-over.

Remember this resource has a potential of life time of more then 37 years , which certainly would be counted into a take-over scenario.

Management would also NOT like to see this mine that they build up from scratch seeing being taken-over and will push for a huge premium, if it has to happen.

And I remember the time when Nickel was in short demand and prices nickel prices shot thru the roof, take-overs where being done at a HUGE premium.

With copper sliding into deficit and new large mines still a number of years away, we could see again take-overs happening at BIG premiums.

If a take-over is to happen we should see it in the next few months imho, unless the big boys want to see the coppermine in Saudi going into production first, but that would only ask for an even higher take-over premium.

So if I was the preditor, I would rather have this take-over happening sooner then later.

Time will tell , but I feel that this time around we are going to be eaten alive....

good luck

jojo

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EQN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.