AKE 0.00% $9.83 allkem limited

RIO's organic and M&A expansion into Aus lithium- is AKE on their radar?

1. 2 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    Hi HotCopper members,

Seeking your views on what I seem to be a relevant and possible telling article for Allkem.

Below I have extracted an Yahoo Finance/ Bloomberg article discussing further how Rio Tinto is seeking out "organic and M&A growth opportunities" in the lithium sector, with particular emphasis on "High-grade brines and Australia hard rock" Considering that Allkem has both Brines and Australia hard rock, is there any chance that Allkem is a being viewed by Rio as an M&A move?

We've all seen BHP bid for OZL (in my view too cheaply) and funnily enough, given that the bid was less than 5% of BHP's market cap at the time there was no trading halt! With many of the large cap players i.e. FMG/BHP/RIO seeking out established operations, surely this would put Allkem amongst suitable players.

https://au.finance.yahoo.com/news/rio-tinto-looking-lithium-deals-033514431.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAHIeLd3uvxirBNmauTWLQvrJejfhrnWKkyDRnz7-J7XvR2kbCSh6U3j5ASx2HN9amfjaqrM3afdtS-TDyn3c6b8qgBeWQOltcpvx-jcv6I-tEE80pTxEBii0BFTj-bAN7ODygs3xUKv0l8KkNqyNV06F6btpwUVoeCVkH-6c-spB

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.