If people were to riot, when labor wins the next election, then...

1. 3,648 Posts.
    If people were to riot, when labor wins the next election, then I would say that those are good grounds for imprisonment or deportation.

Yes, people have a right protest and even to criticize publically any politician, but riot because they did not get the result they wanted? No way. Now, I know that you are not inciting people to riot - because if you were (on the grounds that an elected government is not the one you wanted), then you would soon find yourself in a very small room.

If the libs win the next election, so be it - the people have spoken. If labor wins, then again, the people have spoken and those who do not agree still have many options, two of which are, 1) continue to criticize the government (and all those people who voted them in again) and b) leave the country. What they cannot do is claim any the high moral ground (know-it-alls that they are) and claim the government is acting against the common good, etc.

This is a democracy, we get the government we vote in and anyone who tries to topple that government, other than via the ballot box, be it rioters or big mining companies, they should be thrown in jail. Period.

PS: I see that generally speaking some other posters hate what the government is doing, but they are even more disturbed by anyone suggesting anarchic behaviours!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.