Jezza65Held up last night at a rail crossing in Townsville while...

1. 12 Posts.
    Jezza65
    Held up last night at a rail crossing in Townsville while the 50 trucks of ore travelled from the big red bulk carrier in port, to be proccessed at Yabula.

If you dont have access to the correct information Google is a useful source.

How much downstream processing does Clive Palmer do in Australia?
    Yabulu produces 35,000 tons of nickel and 2,500 tons of cobalt a year, worth A$600 million in export value, Palmer said. It sources ore from New Caledonia, Indonesia and the Philippines and has further production capacity of 40,000 tons of nickel and 700 tons of cobalt, Palmer said.

Repeating part of a Brisbane CourierMail 31.01.10 article I previously posted.
    [ Under his new ownership the former BHP Billiton plant is back in the black and turning a profit after once bleeding an incredible $40 million a month.
    "He's the Lang Hancock of the 2000s," Yabulu general manager Trefor Flood said. "He's larger than life; he cares about people."
    Townsville, the state's second-largest city, depends on mining with the upbeat morale at Yabulu coming amid a revival of fortunes in commodity prices, mining start-ups and job ads.]

Re follow-on employment.
    7500 in construction and 150 in production I suspect refers to an LNG train.
    Century had around 1100 in construction. The link below indicates currently 970 employed.
    http://www.mmgroupltd.com/pages/817.aspx
    From my own experience other sites employ 450-600 for construction, 250s plus for production with copper/gold/silver sites depending on the size. E.g Cannington/Ernest Henry.

It is helpful to keep the posted information you provide as accurate as available.
    Cheers,
    YF

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.