Hi guysIsn't Australia beaut. Here we thankfully have every...

1. 1,432 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 18
    Hi guys

Isn't Australia beaut. Here we thankfully have every right to express our views about anything. However I do believe that the limit of the right to free expression is where it starts to impinge on the rights of others. And correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Yak has crossed the line - don't think he's impinged on anyone else's rights....

...and furthermore I think he's only asking a question that I ask myself at least several times a day. I question the worth of any action (by me or someone else) that has major consequences.

Additionally I know a lot of Vietnam Vets who ask themselves that very question (hope it's worth it) every single time a Defence Force service man or woman is wounded/killed. Maybe it has something to do with the appreciation they received from some Australians when they returned from Vietnam.

I personally believe these 9 tragic deaths are worth it. I mourn for the 9 who died - along with their families and friends, I feel and appreciate their sacrifice. I'm sure the average Indonesian appreciates the active support and promise that these 9 were delivering on behalf of every single Australian. We have the best relationship we have ever had with Indonesia and with the Partnership for Reconstruction and Development we can continue to build our relationship at a Government to Government level. I just hope we don't focus for too long on the blame game - let's get on with it. We've got Indonesian children/people/families that need us to stay focussed and keep up the assistance.

cheers
    Lekki

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.