Speaking to someone who knows more about our strategic...

1. 212 Posts.
    Speaking to someone who knows more about our strategic objectives than I do, he having had over 25 years in a service I will not name, the thinking is that it is better to spend a billion helping the Indonesians now than to have to spent many billions having to fend off an attack later.
    Of course its based on the belief that these people respond to kindness in the same way that most of us do.
    I think the Indos can see right through this approach but I hope that the mass of the people will be swayed against war just enough to tip the balance again aggression when the time comes.
    That certain someone also said that because of corruption, Indonesia is too poor to even launch an attack. Just imagine the effect our air to ship missiles launched from our F18's would have on the invading force.
    He also said that it is in our interest that Indonesia remains together because civil war inside its borders will result in attempted mass exodus to places like Australia.
    My own belief is that so long as the status quo is maintained in Indonesia they will never be viable enough to be a serious threat.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.