FMG 4.32% $17.38 fortescue ltd

RIP in Peace to the Bears, page-8

1. 6,252 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2951
    I'm with you on this line of thinking. But I'll add a touch more of history as a perspective. Having lived through and remained invested in the 2012-2015 years. When IO, Au, Cu and other mining commodities got buggered was the best time to buy miners. Low commodity prices instantly separated the wheat from the chaff. Much harder to do these days.

Why would I sell my cornerstone FMG shares when there are so many under capitalised zombie miners out there. I can certainly name a few of the top of my head. Fair enough they are high risk high return proposition but tell you what so many have less than ideal managements. This game used to be so simple it was a margins and growth in production game. These days the commodity price driven tailwind have brought out the less than scrupulous into the mining game. Plenty of pitfalls out there so watch out.

If you are enjoying FMG today just remember that It is not just the luxury of being early. For a few it is the fruit of foresight. So pat yourselves on the back. Sit back and enjoy the show while the FOMO's fight over the scraps.

One day not today commodity prices will get depressed. Wash rinse repeat and add more to the holding. Who knows maybe we will find the next FMG in the next depressed commodity price mess.
    Last edited by Exised: 26/07/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FMG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$17.38
Change
0.720(4.32%)
Mkt cap ! $53.17B
Open High Low Value Volume
$16.89 $17.74 $16.84 $192.8M 11.12M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
9 7788 $17.37

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$17.38 1216 7
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.53pm 13/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FMG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.