RIP ? or NothingAnymore, page-21

1. 6,511 Posts.
    As for Nicodemus, I would give him some brownie-points for at least engaging with Christ and admitting he knew who Christ was. He lacked courage and conviction, something I'm very familiar with.

i think perhaps the answer you're looking for is' "pride". He was established as a renowned teacher and wise man and to accept Christ he would have had to leave behind an established life of wealth and honour to be reborn a humble follower of Christ.

It's exactly the same today. If Christ where to appear right now not a single leader, authority or Christian expert would pay Him a moments notice, apart from explaining to Him how He can't be the Christ retuned.

This pride also prevents people from seeing the truth that evolution is undeniably an aspect of the Creation story. But I get why it can't be accepted by some religious beliefs, because science has grasped evolution in a steely grip and labeled it a purely mechanistic system of natural order and it's very difficult to wrestle their Creation story from them.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.