QAN 5.34% $6.71 qantas airways limited

rip qantas, page-19

1. 3,784 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1552
    Bluefire,

There were $95m in freight cartel fines plus a class action of $27m. That is in the hundreds of millions to me.

Jetstar Pacific, which is based in Veitnam, is bleeding money, it had trouble paying it's fuel bill and requires a capital injection of at least $50m.

Jetstar Asia made it's first tiny profit, I think about $10m last year. Bled money prior to that. I bet Jetstar international will be bleeding money, assuming that they are compensating Qantas International for the use of the A330's? Revenue seat factors for Jetstar International are down this year and for Jetstar Asia they are down over 3%. Making money to support the business? Hardly.

It just sounds like you are swallowing the Qantas PR spin!

Talking of that, well done goes to the radio presenter, who pulled up Alan Joyce because they spent millions on advertising a mutton dressed up as lamb, on the day they sacked 1000 employees. IMO, disgraceful!

Senator Nick Xenophon is on the money here. Time for an inquiry so shareholders can make an informed decision, not one based on PR spin.

The market has spoken and dismissed this restructure, it has seen it for what it is, unimaginative, IMO incompetent management and just an expensive expansion overseas with shareholders money.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QAN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.71
Change
0.340(5.34%)
Mkt cap ! $10.93B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.49 $6.79 $6.48 $141.5M 21.22M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 2060 $6.71

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.72 99248 9
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 30/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
QAN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.