Seem to be a couple of common thoughts:1. we need our CBD's to...

1. 317 Posts.
    Seem to be a couple of common thoughts:

1. we need our CBD's to be vibrant - whatever that means. simple question why? Why does it matter if the CBD is vibrant?

2. International visitors want to party: 35 countries, 50 international flights for me in the last 27 months. Countries I went to include USA, Canada, Korea, UK, Thailand, Philippines, Turkey, Italy. My Age - 40 no kids, plenty of income. How many times I stayed up drinking at a bar after 3:00 -1 - that was in NOLA and for a city with a wild rep - it pretty much shuts down at around 3. Moral of the story - don't use "international visitors" as an excuse. The very few international visitors that want to party all night are a drop in the ocean.

3. Why is Vibrant automatically associated with getting hammered and going to some shitty club or pub? doesn't it mean there should be stuff to do that is interesting? You could make the argument that that simply having all night bars and the drinking culture is definitely not vibrant ... just drunken.

seriously... the people who are so up in arms about this, how often do you stay up past 3am drinking?

if the answer is regularly, i'd suggest you need to look long and hard at your lifestyle habits.

R

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.