RIP Victoria, page-17

1. 8,527 Posts.
    Luckily for Australia - the younger generation are most often thoughtful and respectful - toward their elders - not all THIS rude - this ignorant - this totally insulting and dismissive -

the young generation the next wave of mothers and fathers to be - who hopefully will instill high moral and social standards into their young. And never tolerate rudeness and disrespect to their elders in their own children. For each of us will grow old - one day. Maybe hard to believe. Grey hair should not bring scorn and derision. Nor is it indicative of some sudden disappearance of intellect, wit, attractiveness, or any other abilities.

But -(as the saying goes) - the apple never falls far from the tree. It's all in the parents standards - the upbringing - but luckily, overall, todays "kids" are decent and wonderful caring people. Most of whom'll make fine parents - and totally deplore such thoughtless rudeness such as that displayed in your post.

MY Great Uncle was an original Anzac. He died at age 31 - of injuries received on the Western Front. 3 times. And gassings. SO he's still young! Yes, for Australia - he never got old. I resent your crack at soldiers of WW1 as contemptuous and insulting.
    And very handsome he was - according to his photos.

If he came across views like yours - then - bet he'd have given you a big whopping backhander...(or shirtfront) for, in those days, the young REALLY respected their elders. In fact, respected MOST people. Unlike some spoilt brats in the West, today. Many the "me, myself and I" get me some drugs - fraternity.

Didn't treat THEM like dirt. In 1915. Or consign their old, like old unwanted discard bags of clothes - taken to Savers - to strangers in nursing homes. Sneering behind THEIR backs.
    Last edited by iron mike: 28/11/14

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.