BHP 0.30% $43.43 bhp group limited

ripe for shorting?, page-45

1. 5,822 Posts.
    Hi Andrew ... I don't feel qualified to recommend an ETO Broker to anyone as needs differ considerably as does personal choice.

As you know I function on the basis of a directional VIEW of the underlying with ENTRY most often triggered by NEWS/ANN supported by T/A ...

I realise this is the conventional way of trading derivatives.

This approach sees a full-service Broker an advantage as often they are privy to news/anns ahead of the Market and once a relationship exists often a timely phone call can mean mega-bucks.

We trade covered for the most part so margins are not really an issue for us ... again not able to advise here.

Where volatility exists I prefer bought pozzies over sold which potentially bottom out at zero if called correctly ... I average around 25-30% sold only.

I understand your methodology seeks volatility arbitrage opportunities (for want of a better definition...) for bought straddles ... and you are considering strangles which can work well putting theta on your side of the equation.

Can only suggest you shop around full-service Brokers until you find one you are comfy with ...

Cheers ... tight stops.

This is only my view ... read the red stuff.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BHP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$43.43
Change
-0.130(0.30%)
Mkt cap ! $220.2B
Open High Low Value Volume
$43.11 $43.52 $43.09 $78.07M 1.802M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
13 1621 $43.43

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$43.44 9211 25
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.00am 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BHP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.