"Not trying to argue at all but i take nearly anything said...

1. 898 Posts.
    "Not trying to argue at all but i take nearly anything said about ripple by bitcoin people with a grain of salt."

You should base your understandings on the fundamentals (DYOR) of the argument, not the association of the individual.

"If a node goes down is no problem unless they all go down."

As in my previous post, the 'going down' part isn't the problem. It's the 'out of sync' part that is the problem when it comes to XRP (But not Bitcoin, because of re-org). If all nodes in either Bitcoin or XRP go down (Practically impossible today for Bitcoin), then your transaction will never be accepted, and so no double-spending is possible because no spending is possible. For a network with potentially a small or large number of global participants, syncing issues have to be accepted as an inevitable reality.

With Bitcoin, the blocks are practically limited in size to a maximum of 4MB, with actual transaction data taking up to 1MB. These blocks have ~10 minute block times which is given so that the network can sync across the world. Many people mistake these 1MB TX Data 10 minute blocks to be some sort of technical limitation, they can improve with an alt-coin, rather than a feature allowing the network to sync.

With XRP, there are no blocks, and each transaction is uniquely identified. The instantaneous nature of these XRP transactions with no re-organisation mechanism means that the more decentralised the network is, the more unreliable the system becomes.

"Just my opinion by ripple might not go to the moon but it’s definitely going up again soon and is a great investment to hold for at least most of this year."

It's up to you how you spend your money. However, I've become particularly resentful of this reasoning by the noob masses learning about cryptocurrency the last 12 months. You shouldn't be basing your investment choices over whether somebody says that 'it is going to go up'. This reasoning is completely void of any fundamental understanding. It's like the pharmaceutical market 100+ years ago selling bottles of mercury and lead as a 'cure for cancer'. You should objectively and critically do your own research about the fundamentals and therefore future potential of the product you invest into.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.