rising ocean temperatures devastating for..., page-5

1. 1,992 Posts.
    or it could be not at all. i have witnessed many experiments first hand through the years, and that is all they were, experiments.

have an idea, ask for funding, receive funding. and your set for 4 years running experiment. just because an experiment receives funding doesn't mean it's correct or valid. thank goodness for this funding or many a hungry scientist would be out there. at present due to GW any tom & harry will/do receive funding as long as it is concerning GW.

they have put forward a hypothesis that in more acidic seas certain sea creatures won't grow shells. ok, they got the rent paid. they can't say for certain that in 60 or 100 years that the seas will be more acidic.

you also have to consider that if the seas did turn acidic it would take time, 60 - 100 years, they say. have they slowly introduced a few generations of these creatures to varying degrees of acidic water as would be the scenario in nature? of course they haven't.

i'm not knocking their experiment, but as you posted this to aid your Global warming theory. i have added my opinion as to why this actually can't be used as an argument towards GW. my opinion of course and it's not personal:)

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.