Rising sea levels a 'sleeping giant', page-48

1. 1,593 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6
    MJP2, thks for your response. I believe many of those that are labelled "deniers" to not dispute it is in all our interests to look after our environment and do everything possible to reduce pollution, improve energy efficiency and transition to improved energy sources as they become available. They are more than likely thinking people and do not accept "givens" so insulting then only reinforces the desire to further challenge these "givens" and question what is and has been forced on them in a emotive and often inconsistent manner.

That PWC report would suggest that Australia is and has taken steps to reduce our CO2 emissions and we have also embraced Wind and Solar as alternative sources of energy. I have seen first hand that environmental issues are front and centre in some heavy industries who participate in government initiatives and these industry initiatives have probably done as much to improve our environment than building wind farms in recent years. We do not have a nuclear industry and this in respect to CO2 puts us at a disadvantage compared to many countries we are benchmarked with. That is a choice we have all made, we chose CO2 over nuclear and many would argue that was a good decision.

I am encouraged by the scientific discussion, we need our Scientists to continue to identify challenges and opportunities and present their work. Modern times and internet access ensures we can all quickly find information to support our views, we don't really even have to be that clever but meanwhile our millions of "little polluters" will continue to consume and waste valuable resources and protest that someone else needs to act whilst the industries that produce those goods will continue to reduce their energy input costs.

The economics of the discussion will change and evolve with the science and new technologies, each country will have its own challenges and opportunities and we can all learn from the mistakes made in the past in discussing and presenting our views.

I mean no offence to you or anyone, these issues should be important to all of us and good on you for presenting you views.
    cheers

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.