AGY 2.22% 8.8¢ argosy minerals limited

Benny, I have posted this before Burundi have to play the game,...

1. 125 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8
    Benny, I have posted this before Burundi have to play the game, they have much more to lose if you look at what ie the world bank is offering them and other coBurundi: Government Pledges Transparency

UN Integrated Regional Information Networks

28 May 2007
    Posted to the web 28 May 2007

Bujumbura

The Burundian government has pledged to strengthen good governance to ensure that funds earmarked for poverty reduction programmes are used properly.

"Barundi people thank you for your contributions and expect that the funds will be disbursed as soon as possible," President Pierre Nkurunziza said at a donor meeting in the capital of Bujumbura on 25 May. "I express my firm commitment to strengthen good governance and ensure that the funds go into the right hands."

The donors, who pledged US$665.6 million to fund the poverty reduction action plan for 2007-2010, called for better coordination of funded activities, prompting the government to promise to set up a coordination committee within two weeks.

The World Bank representative to Burundi, Allassane Sow, said the bank had three expectations after the meeting: "Results, results, results."

Burundi's director-general of development planning, Gerald Muringa, told reporters the pledges had surpassed the government's expectations. "The Burundi government expects to implement the priority action plan [in good time] as the pledges had gone beyond the government expectations."

Out of a total appeal of $1.320 billion, $534.7 million was outstanding as the rest had already been promised and programmed.

"The funds will go to key sectors identified with donors, such as food production, agriculture, reform of the justice system, capacity-building, education, health and the promotion of the private sector," Muringa said. "Out of the amount pledged, $175 million will go to budget support."

The leading contributors included the European Union, the World Bank and traditional partners as Belgium, France and the Netherlands. China annulled debt amounting to $28 million and promised to build a hospital, a centre for the prevention and treatment of malaria, and schools.

Relevant Links

Central Africa
    Burundi
    Aid and Assistance
    International Organizations and Africa

untries.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGY (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
8.8¢
Change
-0.002(2.22%)
Mkt cap ! $128.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
9.2¢ 9.2¢ 8.4¢ $141.2K 1.616M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 138392 8.7¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
8.8¢ 96354 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 08/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AGY (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.