AGL 0.39% $10.34 agl energy limited.

I held... I may hold in the future... no need to move on as the...

1. 3,870 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 407
    I held... I may hold in the future... no need to move on as the I am interested in the transition of the energy market. I post on at least 6-8 other stocks that I am also just a spectator.

@Jalana

Answers: Both answers contain so many IF factors.. but here is a shot at answering

1. I do not think that retail energy prices will lower anytime soon... unless there is intervention by government via direct supply with a view that they will always be in operation to increase supply capacity and not run for profit as the primary focus...
    medium to long term though - I expect electricity prices to fall due to the impact of increased renewables in current development coming online and the use of batteries, pumped hydro and other storage technologies to at least reduce the peak prices out of the market and use periods when the NEM spot price is low (near zero) to recharge... of course this will be offset by the retirement of aging coal plants etc... this doesn't even consider transmission costs... or demand side impacts - such as increases in EVs etc...

2. Having worked in the industry - service station prices will better reflect supply / demand pricing on the supply chain side when the base product cost is increasing... yet are somewhat sticky on the way down - slower to normalise back to where it should be if you will... also considering that the pricing is set from singapore crude in Australia - and it has to be refined from oil to fuel, shipped to your nearest port facility for storage, unloaded from their terminal into a truck for transport to your service station... the delay between crude price and point of consumption could be quite reasonable.

GLTAH

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$10.34
Change
-0.040(0.39%)
Mkt cap ! $6.956B
Open High Low Value Volume
$10.30 $10.34 $10.24 $41.89M 4.026M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 1900 $10.31

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$10.34 24722 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AGL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.