AGL 0.96% $10.55 agl energy limited.

I agree that a CEO who doesn’t hold enough shares must be kicked...

1. 341 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 23
    I agree that a CEO who doesn’t hold enough shares must be kicked out. Our shareholders deserve better.
    Having said that every company has pros and cons and at the end of the day it will be a decision of potential risk vs reward.
    In the last 12 months I’ve seen so many forecasts by so called experts that they seem laughable now. Not long ago oil was down to $10 and Sell ratings were all over the oil stock and now look at the sentiment shift in 6 months. Oil hit $62 this week. Those people who lost thier savings had to hang in there for only 6 months.
    Banks are another example: NAB was doing a $14 capital raise and my friends didn’t even take part. There was talks of banks going bust and possible need for bale out from government. This was only 9 months ago and look at Bank stocks now. Paid dividends and on top of that NAB SP is north of $25. I really feel for people that believed the phony predictions and sold cheaply. The list goes on.
    SCG was at $2 and this big firm came out with Sell recommendations at $2! Two months later and SCG hit $3. I’m not sure whose interest they have in mind when they come up with their ratings and recommendations! Doesn’t seem to be the interest of Mom and Dad shareholders.

I think to myself if all these firms don’t scare AGL holders, would anyone be selling the shares dirt cheap and take losses?! Where were these analysts when AGL was trading $17 at the peak of Covid? They didn’t seem to be as worried then. All these solar panels were not installed overnight, were they?! Most blue chips go through cycles of ups and downs but the overall trend is mostly upward. Taking a look at ASX50.

I still think AGL bought at today’s SP of $10 and held for 2 years (5 round of dividends) has a potential upside of $12 vs a downside of $1 and I cannot see a better risk/reward opportunity out there. AGL is the biggest holding in my portfolio now as I‘ve kept topping up. Let’s see what the future hold.

IMHO, DYOR, GLTAH

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$10.55
Change
0.100(0.96%)
Mkt cap ! $7.097B
Open High Low Value Volume
$10.47 $10.58 $10.41 $46.39M 4.416M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 140467 $10.55

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$10.56 620 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AGL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.