AGL 0.96% $10.55 agl energy limited.

Short term risk? HighLong Term risk? LowIMO, the cost of...

1. 535 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 308
    Short term risk? High
    Long Term risk? Low

IMO, the cost of electricity will increase 3 fold in the next 10 years.
    What makes me so sure? I am a natural born cynic.
    Yes, there are short term headwinds in the way of solar uptake etc.
    BUT, according to The Australian Automobile Association, the average fuel bill per car in Australia is $68.99.
    Currently, the electric Hyundai Kona costs approximately $17 for a full charge. If we assume a full charge will last a week,
    (currently not possible due to limiting battery range, but this will no doubt improve) then that leaves the average vehicle owner approximately
    $51.99 per week better off!
    Will this remain to be the case, once EV's take over as the main source of private transportation, and ICE vehicles become destined for museums the world over? NO CHANCE.
    Right now prices HAVE to be low. It certainly helps the global sales pitch underway, trying to convince everybody on the planet, that electric is the only way to save the world. Once 'converted', and dependant ........ strap in! It's going to get expensive.
    Now obviously a large chunk of increase will head straight to government in the form of taxes or "levies', so that they are able to continue the stella work they are doing, but a decent chunk will go the way of energy providers also.
    Stuck in bumper to bumper traffic today, and I couldn't help but wonder, what demands on power will be had, when approximately 6.00pm hits and almost every single car in sight, goes home and "plugs in'!
    Quick Calculation: 21,000,000 cars x $70 per week = $1.47B a week. 52 weeks x $1.47B = $76.4B a year.
    Now add, electric motorcycles, electric bicycles, electric lawn mowers, electric weed whackers and in time trucks, buses, etc....

Long term....= no worries. PROVIDED of course, we have the right management at the helm. Do we? Time will tell.

All above in my uneducated opinion...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$10.55
Change
0.100(0.96%)
Mkt cap ! $7.097B
Open High Low Value Volume
$10.47 $10.58 $10.41 $46.39M 4.416M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 140467 $10.55

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$10.56 620 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AGL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.