SGR 6.10% 43.5¢ the star entertainment group limited

Risks mitigated - what are you afraid of? SGR is a black friday bargain

1. 30 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 17
    The SGR risks are being dealt with.

Consider the risks a few monrths ago - the debt risk is now resolved, the NSW tax risk is now resolved. A staged opening timeframe for Queens Wharf Brisbane (QWB) is announced. the Treasury buildings are for sale. The Gold Coast resort interest was sold. The hard assets are still there. the revenues are back to pre-covid levels.

The notable remaining risks include:

1. How big is the austrac fine.
    2. Regaining licence to gamble.
    3. Completion of Queens wharf date.

The notable mitigating factors are:
    a. judging by peer company austrac fines, i dont estimate the fine to be excessive and compliance is now demonstrated.
    b. judging by the internal reforms in SGR i am satisfied the needed changes to regain the gambling licence are underway and likely to pass.
    c. the construction dispute isn't likely to prevent the opening of QWB, and if there is a financial impact it will be manageable.

So, of these known risks and known mitigations, I am satisfied the discounted share price more than covers the risks i am accepting for the upside i anticipate - whether by a takeover/aquisition, or by a turnaround.

As an equities investor i am aware of risks and demand the potential reward to compensate me for the risk. For the risk averse here, if you want risk-free path, consider Government bonds. For me, i'm attracted to the likely gainz.

DYOR. Not financial advice. My opinions only. No insider info. Bought more today. accumulating.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SGR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
43.5¢
Change
0.025(6.10%)
Mkt cap ! $1.247B
Open High Low Value Volume
42.0¢ 44.0¢ 41.5¢ $8.983M 21.00M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 207948 43.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
44.0¢ 356462 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
44.0¢
  Change
0.025 ( 6.85 %)
Open High Low Volume
41.8¢ 44.0¢ 41.8¢ 6389013
Last updated 15.59pm 03/05/2024 ?
SGR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.