SGR 3.03% 51.0¢ the star entertainment group limited

Risks mitigated - what are you afraid of? SGR is a black friday bargain, page-72

1. 114 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 41
    I can't get my head around SGR being fined by Austrac for money laundering offences. Why don't they fine the Australian

Government for their role in the laundering. After all the dollar is a fiat currency and the Govt guarantees it will be compensated

with full value even if it has been fraudulenly obtained by the current holder.

As to assessing the amount of the fine I can't see why the market cap of the company should be a factor. If it is taken in to account

then the fine should be appealed against.

What I would say is of crucial relevance is the observance of the $10,000 cash threshold which Austrac enforces on the banks.

Were the Star cashiers required to take identity details of any one cashing in for cheque more than $10,000 of chips and report this to Austrac.

Did Austrac require this to be done and if not, why not. How did the percentage of $10,000 + cheque payouts without identity reporting

compare between Melbourne and Sydney. I have a feeling much more would have been occurring in Melbourne.

In my opinion the fine should only be in the tens of thousands of dollars. If it's more then appeal.

DYOR

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SGR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
51.0¢
Change
0.015(3.03%)
Mkt cap ! $1.463B
Open High Low Value Volume
50.0¢ 52.5¢ 49.8¢ $8.432M 16.44M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 68078 51.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
51.5¢ 141000 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SGR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.