MNS 0.00% 4.2¢ magnis energy technologies ltd

I had a read through the documentand whilst it raised some...

1. 2,013 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 465

I had a read through the documentand whilst it raised some interesting points, it did not appear to bewritten in an unbiased way so didn't come across as genuine enough to me.It also only called out negative risk so is only an attempt at half the riskstory. There is actually a lot of positive risk potential especially with howquickly the auto sector is moving to EVs, the strong push by the US Gov with renewables, C4V Gen 2/3 cells etc.

My comments are below:

• Query on the comment of $80M in raw materials. Which MNS announcement mentioned that in December?

I highly doubt the consortium needs that much raw material for 1.8Gwh of production. Even if they did theyare not starting at 1.8Gwh so initial sales will fund raw materials. When they purchased the Alevo equipment it also came with quite a lot of raw material sopossibly they can utilise some of that if its the right specification?
    The Nachu graphite mine project and the New York Gigafactory are notdependant on each other in any way. Either can proceed without the other. Assumingthe Graphite mine is established then they obviously have the option to supply graphite/spherical graphite to the Gigafactory’s they have operational at the time. The Nachu graphite project is quite advanced actually and is basically shovel ready. Recent announcements show they are progressing but their focus is on NY for obvious reasons. When Im3NY needs to buy graphite, lithium etc they will just buy it from suppliers in the USA. I'm sure the suppliers will make announcements once Im3NY makes some big orders next year.
    The equipment actually cost Alevo roughly USD $200M to purchase and install.Some of it was never actually used. We paid a fraction of that cutting our Gigafactory establishment costs by at least $200M. My research indicates that a 1Gwhfactory costs around the USD $300M mark to build from scratch including the building and machinery. We will get 1.8Gwh operational easily for less than USD$100M.
    Also the Gen1 C4V cells don't use Manganese so don't worry about its price wink.png

• Cost of batteries / cells

Imperium3 haven't come out publicly and stated how much the cells are that they are going to be producing/selling.This is normal, you don't want customers or competitors knowing detailed information about your operation. As investors though you always want to know everything so it's a balance. At least 6 customers have committed to buying over $1 billion dollars’ worth of cells though including the US department of defence.
    Don't worry about missing out on customers because other cell Gigafactory’s are being built. There will probably never be enough cell factories to supply the demand that exists today and into the future. Some cell manufacturers such as LG Chem are actually losing customers because their NMC cells are catching fire in cars. Auto makers etc are moving toward LFP based cells which is precisely what IM3NY is producing!
    There is no point comparing Imperium3/Magnis's capital raising to the CATL and Nothvolts recent raises. The companies are at completely different development stages. Once imperium3 gets up and going at 1.8Gwh I imagine they will expand quickly to 5Gwh. If they can do that and sell all the cells then you'll see the big loans to expand big time like the other big boys. Fingers crossed they get to that stage.

• Cobalt free cells

SVOLT claiming to be the first?LFP cells have been around for 20+ years. They do not use Cobalt. The C4VBM-LMP cell chemistry is a derivative of LFP improving on it in every metric.Our cells have the performance of NCA/NMC with the safety of LFP (along with noCobalt & Nickel)
    The SVOLT NMX cells are made of 25% Manganese and 75% Nickel. With Nickelprices rising and the fact it's a toxic material I personally don't rate thechemistry that highly especially when it tops out at only 2500 cycles.
    Our cells easily exceed that figure even when fast charged at 30min charge/discharge. When charged at normal rates the BM-LMP cells are projected to reach 10,000 cycles.
    Even though the Magnis/C4V/Imperium3 cell chemistry is a significant improvement on SVOLTs offering there is enough demand that they will sell everything they can make much the same as Imperium3.

• Townsville production in 2022

I think what may be happening here is the cells will be manufactured inour New York site and shipped to Townsville to be built into battery packs and products for sale locally in Australia. That's my guess anyway. It will serve as a proof of concept, provide jobs for locals and assist with financing the Townsville initial 6Gwh capability.

Whilst it has been a bumpy road for Magnis over the years it was an absolutemaster stroke by Frank to steer the company towards lithium-Ion cellmanufacturing when the government changed in Tanzania halting progress in thegraphite mine (and hurting the share price at the time). With Tanzania nowencouraging international investment, Nachu is back on the table and ready toprogress to mine construction hence the recent site visits and villageconstruction activities.

With the future SPAC/US listing of Imperium3 and sales to customers not faraway now IMO I can't see the MNS share price dropping much from here nomatter how hard the Australian paper, bitter ex-employees or down ramperson here push. The New York factory will be built and producing/selling worldleading cells to customers and unfortunately for them, there is absolutelynothing they can do to stop it. Frank P, as one of the largestshareholders in Magnis will achieve the company’s goal of establishing aGigafactory (maybe two) whilst all the haters watch on! All the riskyearly stages of the project have been completed now with the most recent beingthe air permit. The Share price will eventually move up as we get closer toproduction.

Best of luck with your battery space investments @FreeflyerNZ
    , might see you back here as a shareholder down the track when they progress further with Nachu?
    Out of interest can you link me to other risk documents you've written for the other stocks you hold/held?

Last edited by Trommel: 03/10/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MNS (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.