RIV 0.00% $16.20 riversdale mining limited

Recently got a coal break down comparing the coal stocks. RIV is...

1. 5,609 Posts.
    Recently got a coal break down comparing the coal stocks. RIV is by far the largest coking coal player listed on the ASX. It basically makes all the others look like sandpits. The financial press is full of articles about the Indians, Chinese and Brazil jumping over themselves to sort out the med to longer term issues surrounding this commodity. The market cap of around $1.8b has nothing to do with its existing coal mine in SA. The stock is currently trading at less than 35c per ton and that does not allow for the cash or the unlimited upside. Recent news outlined that they are also finding coal on other leases. They have only just scratched the surface. 2 global steel majors are the 2 largest shareholders as well. Make no mistake, RIV is the cheapest coal stock imo. The Zam river runs right through the main leases and that's the future route to market even with a rail system there. Vale is building it's large mine right next door. The Moatize basin is the largest undeveloped coal basin in the world and riv is the largest holder of leases. Its not expensive nana, its simply cheap and always traded at a step discount as analysts flap on about infrastructure etc. That is a short term issue and the steel mills seem to think so after spending over $500m getting involved. The stock will move around, but its going up in the med to longer term imo. Its too globally significant to ignore. dyor.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RIV (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.