Here's what Rivkin had to say about ECP last night. If you want...

1. 400 Posts.
    Here's what Rivkin had to say about ECP last night. If you want to read the rest of the report go and subscribe, its well worth it.

Ecorp
    It is now certain that the bid for ECP won’t be raised from 55c a share. Subscribers who have it are long at around 35c-38c a share, which represents a great result and I believe you should accept the return of capital proposal. Proxy forms must be in by March 9th and I suggest you vote in favour of the return. Assuming it is passed, cheques should be sent out around April 9th. Your other alternative is to sell them in the market at 54c if you feel that you can use the money better in other investments for the 6 weeks that is left before April 9th. That is 1.8% flat, which is a substantial return (when annualised) of roughly 14%. Unless you have a specific requirement for cash, you ought to hold. The one risk is that some shareholders will consider cutting their noses off to spite their faces by voting against the proposal. If, in fact, 75% do not vote in favour of the proposal, then it will fail. If so, believe me when I tell you the company will trade back close to 40c and that would be a very great pity, in so far as all your profits will disappear. The fact is, it may be worth more, but the fact is that this is the only offer that shareholders will get. The Packers are fully and totally in control of the situation, their (effective) bid is 55c and they have declared it will not be raised.

Please accept and vote in favour of the return (every vote counts) as soon as possible, so that all goes ahead smoothly.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.