BUD 0.00% 0.6¢ buddy technologies ltd

I think the jury should be considered as ‘still out’ regarding...

1. 7 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    I think the jury should be considered as ‘still out’ regarding the Rizon Group. Following the links from the Rizon website indicates how new the team is…..

The Strategic Development guy Lee Atkinson is supposedly currently GM of Products at MNF Group (ASX:MFN) and lives in Sydney.

Their Business Development and Delivery guy Nick Bowers is apparently a Director at the Construction and Training Academy who appear to teach Health and Safety to mechanical digger operators; although to be fair he does have a software background.

John Nolan, the Digital Marketing figurehead is a Partner at the Marketing Lounge Partnership so maybe he’s contracting to Rizon?

The CTO, Kevin Styles is the only one of the team who’s linkedIn profile has him actually working for Rizon.

However, as mentioned in the BUD releases Rizon grew out of Empowered SMS Ltd and several of the team do show time with Empowered and such a 'shake and bake' assembly of key resources in this fashion is not unusual in a start-up environment.

Superficially Rizon’s website is, well ‘superficial’. However, I believe DM would not have invested resources appointing them as distributors had he not believed they were worth the opportunity cost of deploying Buddy’s limited sales, support and training resources. So I for one will judge them not on their website but upon Ohn units deployed and revenues earned over the next two to three quarters.

The UK should be a “tier 2” revenue market for Buddy and usually throws off excellent profit levels in the software business. Do I also remember something in the release about Rizon having European hopes with OHM? So, whilst a part of the Buddy global jigsaw, Rizon isn’t as important as the US but they do need to contribute or I’m sure Dave will divert spare resources into alternative UK/EU channels as the opportunities present.

In perspective, I’d suggest Rizon failing or doing a ‘so-so’ job won’t be a disaster for us. However, they could throw off tidy revenues with good margins if they perform.

Let’s hope!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BUD (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.