Why don’t you put up arguments in favour of the ABC instead of...

1. 1,268 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 22
    Why don’t you put up arguments in favour of the ABC instead of attacking the man.
    I’m the safest of safest right of centre voter but I am pro ABC.
    Can you however deny the complete and utterly shameless bias the organization is displaying in a lot of their public reporting and political programs?
    I am pro ABC because:
    - it offers counterbalancing views to mine, however some on the right aren’t interested and some on the left just want to reinforce their own views
    - over a long period of time it has a great track record of uncovering stories, probably more so than our main news papers. How many times have they reported on public or private corruption? How many times have they had balanced stories about Australians doing it tough? Just tonight they had a great one on DVA.
    - well quite frankly when you look at the rubbish private broadcasters offer, there isn’t that many half intelligent programs on tv out there

And the list goes on and on. It’s not hard to defend the benefits, but knowing someone who works there the story about the place being infested with greenies is 100% true. Why is that so? Is it too much to ask for a public broadcaster who is propped up by a minority of tax payers to actually to be more balanced?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.