RMS 1.95% $2.09 ramelius resources limited

RMS chart and discussion - 1 Jan 2018, page-12

1. 4,375 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2713
    nordesmic - just on Australian mining companies getting shafted in the Philippines if you want a LAF you should read up on Lafayette Mining. They had developed the Rapu Rapu project but one of the NGO's started claiming that the mine was poisoning the locals through improperly stored waste products. The government set up some sort of board of enquiry headed by a prominent catholic bishop which verified the claims and forced the mine to close. When Lafayette pointed out that it did not even use that chemical (cyanide?) and had never stored any of that chemcial anywhere on the site the bishop said that he did not need to rely on facts as he was guided by the hand of god. My recollection is that Lafayette effectively went bust, the mine was picked up on the cheap and last time I heard it had been sold to and was being profitably run by a South Korean outfit (no doubt with generous donations to the bishop's favourite charity).

I cannot think of a single SE Asian nation I would be keen for Ramelius to have a crack in, but of all of them I rate the Philippines the most risky (not only for the corruption and incompetence but for the natural disasters that plague the place).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RMS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.09
Change
0.040(1.95%)
Mkt cap ! $2.392B
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.13 $2.15 $2.09 $5.613M 2.661M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 2000 $2.09

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.10 190880 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RMS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.