RMS 0.53% $1.91 ramelius resources limited

The point I was trying to make it was that buying gold has been...

1. 55 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    The point I was trying to make it was that buying gold has been hardly the disaster you tried to paint it as. If you grab anyone on the street and ask what they think about their asset going triple over next 15 years, you will not get a single person saying it's a bad investment. If I ask you then, what would you consider a good investment? 4 times, 5 times or 10 times over 15 years?

You also act like every gold share that you buy would be always multi-baggers without some serious risks coming with this type of investment - for every SAR (which I had a great return), there had been CCU, PGI, AYN, GMR that went completely bust or lost 98% of their value. I would know because I had owned these dogs once. You can't just be super selective both in timeline and sampled components, and declare one asset class is superior than another as if this would hold true all the time - which it wouldn't. Otherwise why not declare bitcoin to be the greatest 'asset' to own because it went 100 times in 2015-2018?

Also you assume that the government would outright ban sales of gold because of the history that happened in USA. I agree - it could all come down that, but the thing is with gold is every-lasting store of value, that you don't have to give it back to the government. I view my gold as inter-generational in a sense that I will pass this to my children as insurance for future. Even in US, when FDR confiscated gold from US citizens, only a tiny percentage of gold was ever returned back to the government.

In the end, gold and gold shares are different asset types and should be treated as such in IMHO.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RMS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.91
Change
0.010(0.53%)
Mkt cap ! $2.183B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.89 $1.91 $1.87 $7.285M 3.852M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 166121 $1.91

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.92 18104 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RMS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.