RMX 0.00% 0.1¢ red mountain mining limited

rmx on 07 feb, 2013, page-33

1. 10 Posts.
    >I think you've got your investor hat on and are thinking of everything in terms of share price.

I definitely agree - though I thought that the job of companies these days was to manage expectations, not necessarily performance. Yes good performance generally lends itself to an increase in share price.

However take the current climate of RMX on HC for example. There is high expectations and a lot of positive sentiment around the upcoming results. Now lets say that they are good, but not excellent. Maybe there is a massive amount of gold but there is a slight hiccup dealing with the government of the Philippines.

It is likely that RMX could still make a massive profit on the gold they have, but it will be delayed. What effect would this have on the SP and the sentiments of those on HC? Would most people still be so eager to hold? What about those who were in it for a quick buck? Might they want to get out? Due to the release of results of a quality less than what was expected, all of a sudden the SP is likely to drop, DESPITE the fact that the results (when taken on their own) were actually very good.

Note I probably went off my original topic here, but I enjoy a discussion :)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RMX (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.