RNE 0.00% 0.4¢ renu energy limited

I accept that green hydrogen is defined as hydrogen that is...

1. 17,336 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1101
    I accept that green hydrogen is defined as hydrogen that is produced by electrolysis using renewable energy.

The Hazer Process is a catalytic process that produces hydrogen using natural gas or bio-methane feedstock and iron ore catalyst. The process is classified as blue or turquoise hydrogen depending on feedstock.

When natural gas feedstock is used, the company claims the process is near carbon neutral

When bio-methane is used, they claim the process is carbon negative. The bio-methane will be sourced from wastewater treatment plants, landfill sites and anaerobic digestion plants (where the waste gas is often flared).

The process differs to other blue and turquoise processes in that it captures carbon in the form of synthetic graphite which in itself is a saleable by-product.

While this process is not technically green hydrogen, the resultant carbon emissions are equal to or less than green hydrogen (isn’t that what matters?).

I once had hopes that the Hazer Process would one day be producing hydrogen and synthetic graphite from bio-methane produced by RNE through anaerobic digestion at abattoirs.

About two years ago I put that proposition to Geoff Ward the CEO of Hazer at a technology expo, he had only just taken up the position. As most would know, he was previously running GDY, through to when it pivoted into solar and bio-gas. His reply to the proposition of a hookup was “maybe.”

As things have transpired, that won’t happen now.

I can only wonder if HZR had been further down the development track when RNE was still doing bio-gas, whether a partnership could have eventuated.

Last edited by Megafauna: 04/12/20

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RNE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.4¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $2.904M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.5¢ 0.5¢ 0.4¢ $2.995K 696.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
29 10696652 0.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.5¢ 4421312 8
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.47pm 25/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RNE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.